This course examines both the theory and the practice of international banking. It covers the creation of credit and credit rationing; internationalization of banking, the risks and benefits from financial innovation, central banking, bank regulation, deposit protection, capital adequacy and free banking, and selective institutional aspects of international banking. It also reviews the principle of Islamic Banking.
- Analyze the factors contributing to the evolution of international banking.
- Analyze the impact of Glass-Steagall Act on the structure of US banking.
- Compare and contrast the role that central bank plays in bank regulation in the US, Germany, France, and UK.
- Assess different ways that large banks establishing operation around the world.
- Evaluate special features associated with syndicated lending.
- Compare and contrast the differences between Islamic banking system and traditional ones.
- Appraise the risk associated with the letter of credit.
- Assess especial challenges dealing with international credit analysis.
- Analyze underwriting process and evaluate the risk.
- Evaluate the banking risks.
- Analyze the factors that contribute to banking crises in both develop and developing countries.
- Assess the role that International Monetary Fund plays in international banking supervision.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management