This course emphasizes microeconomic concepts related to managerial decision-making. Students will learn to analyze the global business environment of industrialized and developing countries, and to think strategically, using micro and macroeconomics principles. Markets, consumers, producers, trade, distribution, welfare, tariffs, non-tariffs barriers, and monetary and macroeconomics issues of development and transitions will be discussed.
- Evaluate how output prices affect factor prices.
- Assess the impact of tariff on small and large countries.
- Analyze a country’s international investment position.
- Analyze the merits of arguments for international trade restrictions, including those based on infant industries, monopolies, strategic trade policy, externalities, scientific tariff, competition with low-wage foreign supplies and so on.
- Evaluate the effect of economic growth on welfare.
- Appraise the activities of the foreign exchange markets.
- Evaluate the wide-ranging effects of opening international trade.
- Analyze the tariffs’ effects on resource allocation and income distribution.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management