An instruction on how to deploy available capital resources to gain maximum advantage, students study capital budgeting policies and procedures, formulation of growth and diversification policies, appraisal of income and risk, and establishment of decision-making guidelines.
- Evaluate complex, unstructured financial data for more effective financial decision-making.
- Identify the conceptual framework of capital budgeting theory.
- Describe after-tax cash flow characteristics inherent in project evaluation, divestitures, and acquisitions.
- Explain the theoretical context of discounted cash flow (DCF) techniques, their limitation, and other application to practical decision-making issues.
- Design a corporate capital budgeting program which best utilizes corporate resources to maximize theoretically determined financial parameters.
- Describe the relationship, limitation, and usefulness of a broad grouping of analytical approaches in setting corporate capital budgets for multi-divisional entities.
- Recognize the importance of ethical standards in financial transactions.
- Estimate the impact and significance of capital budgeting strategy on the firm’s market price.
- Apply analytical techniques for evaluating new products, research and development proposals, advertising programs, and working capital policies.
- Describe tender offers, possible defenses, and techniques useful for increasing value to entities involved.
- Evaluate leverage buyout (LBO) opportunities and how they arise.
- Apply analytical techniques for evaluating LBOS, equity-carve outs (ECOS), and divestiture proposals to enhance decision-making.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management