A study of corporate financial management, through case studies and/or term projects, this course covers issues such as sources of long-term financing, cost of capital, capital budgeting, dividend policy, mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy and reorganization, the globalization of finance, ethical standards, information technology, and financial strategy.
- Discuss the issues involved in making decisions that maximize shareholder’s wealth while keeping in mind the need to recognize shareholders’ risk tolerance, stakeholder interests, and adherence to ethical standards of business practice.
- Compare and contrast agency problems and methods used to ensure owners’ and managers’ goals are congruent.
- Analyze important corporate decisions and explain how they affect firm value.
- Define, discuss, and explain the process of valuing stocks and bonds.
- Apply capital budgeting techniques to the evaluation of alternative investment projects.
- Evaluate and select sources of long-term capital needed to finance the firm.
- Estimate a firm’s cost of capital.
- Explain the process of selecting an optimal capital structure.
- Explain the effect of dividend policy on firm value.
- Analyze corporate mergers, and measure the impact of mergers on the value of the acquiring firm and its competitive position.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management