Overview the factors that affect capital structure decisions. Topics include: risk and return, corporate strategy, capital structure choices, economics, regulatory, and industry effect on capital structure, raising capital and financial distress and bankruptcy.
- Describe the factors affecting capital structure decisions.
- Discuss the relationship between capital structure and corporate strategy.
- Explain how to estimate capital costs.
- Discuss the capital structure theories and Empirical tests.
- Analyze the relevancy of capital structure.
- Estimate continuing value.
- Describe rating agencies and credit insurance.
- Discuss issues related to the financial distress and bankruptcy.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management