This course provides a basic understanding of market process economics. Students will learn about the nature and importance of economics, capitalism, wealth and its role in human life, natural resources and the environment, the division of labor and production, the dependence of the division of labor on capitalism, the price system and economic coordination, price controls, socialism, the institutions of private property, economic inequality, economic competition, and monopoly and the freedom of competition.
- Apply some of the fundamental principles of market process economics to analyze world events.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the link between different types of economic systems and different ethical theories.
- Explain the cross-cultural benefits of market process economics.
- Explain the importance of a division of labor society to human life.
- Explain the coordinating functions of the price system.
- Evaluate the role that wealth plays in human existence.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the interdependence of the division of labor and capitalism.
- Analyze the effects of price controls 9.Explain the effects of private ownership of property on human life.
- Evaluate industries and economies based on their competitiveness.
- Demonstrate the ability to use online resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management