Emphasis on the design and internal control perspectives of accounting information systems, including systems analysis, decision support systems, system implementation, and the audit of management information systems.
- Describe the importance of Accounting Information Systems (AIS) to accountants.
- Explain how data is created, captured, processed, and reported in AIS.
- Discuss data storage technologies including databases and sequential files, client-server technology and how to best secure the data.
- Demonstrate the use of Cloud Computing for electronic financial transactions and compare various approaches to securing those transactions.
- Describe implications and opportunities of eBusiness.
- Explain the Information Technology (IT) project development process and how it impacts the company.
- Perform an exposure assessment of internal controls as they apply to AIS.
- Employ the use of computerized accounting software.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management