A study of financial statement audits in accordance with auditing standards promulgated by authoritative bodies. Topics include planning of the audit engagement, auditor’s responsibility for fraud, review of internal controls, gathering substantive evidence using analytical procedures and test of account balances for the revenues, acquisition and expenditures, and inventory processes.
- Apply auditing standards promulgated by authoritative organizations.
- Analyze how management’s assertions about the financial statements are used in the audit process.
- Develop an audit strategy and audit plan to respond to the assessed risk of material misstatement.
- Evaluate auditor’s responsibility for the audit of internal controls and reporting requirements for deficiencies and material weaknesses.
- Document the methods the auditor uses to gather evidence regarding transactions in the revenue process including sales transactions and accounts receivable balance at year-end.
- Describe the auditor’s responsibility for fraud detection in a financial statement audit applying the fraud triangle and identification of risk of material misstatements due to fraud.
- Document the acquisition and expenditure business process to gather substantive evidence using analytical procedures, substantive tests of transactions and account balances.
- Evaluate the appropriate method to be used to gather evidence in the inventory process for internal controls and substantive tests.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management