Role, values, and issues of public management in democratic governance, citizen participation, power structures, and professional codes of conduct.
- Analyze the moral foundations of public service.
- Critically examine relationships between democratic values and the practice of public administration, including issues of accountability and responsiveness.
- Utilize critical thinking to analyze and address ethical issues and problems within the field of public administration.
- Evaluate ethical situations and how they will impact the day to day work of public servants in the field of public administration and public policy.
- Synthesize diverse multicultural ethical decision models using group collaborative processes.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies