The course discusses the theories and roles of nonprofits in public administration. It explores the relationships between nonprofits and the public sector; and sources of revenue. Discusses the public policies towards the nonprofit sector and the ethical issues surrounding the sector.
- Describe the theories of the development and operations of nonprofits.
- Analyze the role of the nonprofit sector in public administration.
- Describe the relationships between nonprofits and public sector management.
- Describe the common sources of revenue used by nonprofits.
- Analyze the current roles nonprofits play in communities and the ethical issues surrounding the sector.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies