The development of analytical reasoning through identification of critical issues in the legal, business and political environments, by analyzing historical and contemporary events, followed by the application of established rules of law, ethical standards and social models in developing oral and written arguments for and against specific positions.
- Recognize and identify specific critical issues from various settings and fact patterns.
- Research relevant rules of law, ethical standards and social mores.
- Analyze issues by application of relevant rules of law, ethical standards, and social mores.
- Draft arguments for and against issue specific positions.
- Prepare and argue, through oral debate, specific positions.
- Recognize the situational need for and application of alternative dispute resolutions through mediation and negotiation.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies