A sequential course to LAW 304. A survey of business organizations (partnerships, corporations, government regulations), property (real property and leasing, estates, community property), business torts, business crimes and associated topics. Emphasizes prevention of litigation and liability arising from business operations.
- Identify the nature of the debtor/creditor relationship.
- Distinguish between types of negotiable commercial paper, legal issues regarding their transfer, and the associated rights and liabilities of relevant parties.
- Recognize legal issues arising from secured transactions.
- Recognize the different forms of business organizations.
- Describe the legal ramifications of bankruptcy filings.
- Explain the nature of wills and trusts.
- Recognize the legal issues arising from real property transactions.
- Recognize business situations that require legal counsel.
- Write analyses of legal issues that may arise in the business environment.
- Establish business practices that comply with relevant laws, in an effort to maintain ethical business practices.
- Identify technological resources available to the business practitioner to aid in the analysis of legal issues arising in the business environment.
- Describe the need for awareness of and sensitivity to differences in business law in the international business environment.
- Establish business practices that comply with relevant laws in an effort to maintain ethical business practices.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies