In this course students will examine accurate analysis of gangs in America in its social context and investigate the effectiveness of current interventions.
- Evaluate controversial intercultural issues among students within the juvenile justice system.
- Analyze the etiology and diagnosis related to various theoretical approaches in the field of emotional/behavioral disorders.
- Analyze the social characteristics of individuals with emotional/behavioral disorders.
- Evaluate the factors that influence overrepresentation of diverse individuals in programs for individuals with emotional/behavioral disorders.
- Appraise the cultural perspectives influencing the relationships among families, schools and communities as related to instruction and the demands of learning environments outside of regular school settings.
- Assess crisis prevention and intervention strategies for individuals at risk of emotional/behavioral disorders.
- Compare and contrast different types of gangs including small, regional and national.
- Evaluate societal and law enforcement techniques and strategies to combat gangs.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies