This course focuses on applying the knowledge and processes learned through this program. Working in a team or as an individual under the guidance of the instructor, students select a research topic, and gather data. The duration of the course is one month. Grading is H,S or U only.
- Create a Masters level research project/thesis based on a homeland security or emergency management issue.
- Create a specific research problem.
- Develop a comprehensive literature review relating to the study used in the project.
- Appraise sources of data for the analysis of gathered relevant data.
- Generate appropriate quantitative and qualitative data for drawing conclusions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies