A study of ethical, legal, professional controversies, personal dilemmas and approaches to solving those conflicts. Using a case study format, students evaluate personal values or biases and the abuse of power and authority. The course also examines police or justice practices involving cases of ethical or police policy violations.
- Evaluate ethical decisions within the criminal justice system.
- Appraise the strategies and plan of action for carrying out the obligations and duties of criminal justice organizations.
- Analyze which behaviors within the criminal justice system could be criminal.
- Assess how the police should enforce the law.
- Appraise correctional practices when dealing with incarcerated offenders.
- Formulate a plan on what the consequences should be for unethical behavior.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies