A seminar course focusing on contemporary issues related to problem-oriented policing (POP) and community-oriented policing (COP). Other topics include morale, motivation, retention, selection, recruitment, standards and training, evidence, arrest, lethal force, victim-witness, police reserves, and the cooptation of citizens in law enforcement by the criminal justice manager.
- Write a case brief evaluating the analysis and holdings of the court.
- Analyze and detect the issues, analysis and holding of the courts in actual recent cases.
- Evaluate and assess the foundational issues facing society today in the legal system.
- Compare contemporary issues and specific problems facing the criminal justice supervisor.
- Evaluate issues in problem-oriented policing (POP), and community-oriented policing (COP).
- Analyze issues of police morale, motivation, retention, selection, and recruitment.
- Assess criminal justice practices involving collection of evidence, arrest, and use of force.
- Evaluate the role of various agencies when they work with other criminal justice agencies, police reserves, and the cooptation of citizens in law enforcement by the police manager.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies