Investigates the accounting steps required to effectively pursue financial crimes. Topics include the five standards of proof, different classifications of evidence as well as the intricacies involved in how an investigator might develop the evidence necessary for a forfeiture proceeding.
- Describe terms related to banks, brokerage firms, money service businesses and non-traditional financial institutions
- Evaluate the basic types of business organizations and the use of balance sheets and income statements
- Explain what types of information are gathered to complete a financial profile
- Define the elements that must be considered when planning, conducting and recording an interview.
- Analyze the types of information required in an affidavit for a search warrant for financial information.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies