MFA Candidates work independently in consultation with the thesis production advisor during the pre-production and production phases. Production deliverables include a production plan, final budget and schedule, production documentation and dailies. This is a two-month course. Grading is H, S, or U only. Unsatisfactory graded course must be repeated.
- Produce a shooting script or documentary production treatment.
- Plan the production phase of a digital short subject motion picture based on documents generated in previous courses.
- Design a production schedule that provides adequate time and personnel to accomplish the project objectives.
- Generate the requisite directorial documents to communicate, the directorial vision of the project to the production team.
- Communicate directorial objectives effectively to talent and crew to achieve dramatic, narrative, and production goals.
- Complete principle photography on a fiction or documentary short motion picture that meets the professed technical and aesthetic quality standards for audio, cinematography, mise-en-scene and story established in the production development process.
- Compile a production book that provides the necessary documentation to meet post-production and distribution objectives.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies