In this workshop, students complete a second draft revision and "final polish" of an original screenplay. The course is designed to enable students to advance their analytical skill and apply them to professional and student-generated screenplays. Taken concurrently with MDC681P "studio practicum."
- Evaluate relevant elements in produced screenplays and films including conflict, creating drama, developing dynamic characters, and telling a story visually.
- Analyze one’s own work as well as peer outlines/screenplays and professional, produced screenplays and film with respect to dramatic premise, story logic, three act structure, character development, climax, resolution, and voice and tone.
- Generate a revised outline incorporating alternative ideas, characterization, dialog and other story elements through collaboration with peers and/or professor in the course that support and advance the revision.
- Construct a revised screenplay based upon these revised elements.
- Use the accepted format for screenplays, and incorporate aspects of visual storytelling that separate screenplay form from other forms of writing.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies