The course explores the mechanisms of how newscasters achieve confidence and integrity in the public eye; the way stories are presented as ‘unbiased, impartial, honest, and fair’; and what factors contribute to this implied relationship between newsperson and audience.
- Investigate how the news is disseminated through media channels and online.
- Evaluate how newscasters gain public trust and confidence through audience viewership.
- Analyze how news organizations build their brand and cultivate a loyal viewer base.
- Interpret the methodologies of anchors and reporters in developing brand loyalty and how news dissemination influences mass-media perception.
- Compare a diversity of stories and media channels and discuss the newscaster’s intent and result of delivery.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies