Transforms a journalist into a multimedia powerhouse who can produce news, features and associated products for a variety of audiences. Students gain familiarity with the demands of each medium, create news stories for print, audio, video and online media platforms, and learn to move fluidly from one medium to another.
- Generate a variety of stories including news, features and thematic content.
- Explain how the division of labor has changed in the new, integrated newsroom.
- Produce and format material for print, podcast, TV and the Web.
- Design stories in a variety of media formats emphasizing the special aspects of a story that work best in each medium.
- Integrate the tools of the trade, including both hardware and software to create story packages.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies