Covers the principles and techniques used in post-production audio recording and designing soundtracks for fiction and nonfiction media content. Includes Foley, ADR, sound effects, music and soundscapes, and mixing in ProTools.
- Illustrate the principles of sound design used in the creation of contemporary visual media.
- Coordinate the preproduction, production, and postproduction processes used in the development of sound media assets used in film and video programs.
- Implement professional techniques used in the production of sound media assets during post-production.
- Interpret the communication objectives appropriate to the sound design of media content using oral and written responses.
- Apply creative processes to the development of sound media assets that meet the objectives of fiction and nonfiction digital media programs.
- Utilize audio editing software such as ProTools and Adobe Audition to generate sound media assets during digital post-production and finishing.
- Integrate collaborative processes into the postproduction phases of digital media creation.
Students need access to a digital audio recorder, set of microphones cables and mic stands, audio software such as Protools and/or Adobe Audition and digital editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects and an external hard drive.andlt;br /andgt;
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies