Covers the professional techniques of digital audio field recording and sound editing for film and digital media. Includes sound department personnel and responsibilities, microphone selection and placement; use of an audio mixer, dual system recording and recorder settings for dialog, ambient sounds, and environmental effects, sound asset management and integration of assets during postproduction.
- Illustrate professional digital audio asset management, record keeping, and soundtrack organization.
- Use professional sound recording equipment and techniques to record dialog, ambient, and environmental sounds in the field.
- Incorporate previously recorded, appropriate sound assets into a digital media program.
- Detect audio issues in a sound track and their causes.
- Use audio editing software to equalize and clean up audio tracks for screenings.
Students need access to a digital audio recorder, set of microphones, cables and mic boom, a prosumer digital still and/or video camera audio software such as Protools and/or Adobe Audition and an external hard drive.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Professional Studies
“Our faculty members have years of experience in their fields. That practitioner insight brings their course material to life and gives students tools and expertise they can put into practice right away.”School of Professional Studies