Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) has gained a widespread increase in recognition as a valuable skill set among both the general public and legal professionals. In fact, many courts and companies are resorting to some type of ADR to resolve conflict as it is an effective way to cut cost and time spent on each situation. The Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution program at National University prepares you to participate in ADR matters, giving you an advantage in the global workforce.
Completion of this certificate provides students with Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and MCLE credit for a wide range of occupations, including attorneys, paralegals, real estate and business professionals, and law and conflict management specialists. Each course consists of an eight-hour, self-paced course that includes a written lecture with links to supplemental resources, an audio lecture, a review exercise, and an examination. Each of the five courses have been state approved for six hours of MCLE credit. To earn the certificate, students must complete all five courses. Courses can also be taken individually.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Define the concept of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Describe the various processes of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Inform clients of the appropriate process for engaging Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Examine and diagnosis sources and elements of conflict.
- Manage conflict in an Alternative Dispute Resolution setting.
- Construct a successful negotiation strategy.
- Establish mediation and facilitation processes.
(1) Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) refers to the required continuing education hours for individuals working in the legal field, such as lawyers and paralegals.
(2) If student would like the CEU credit, please contact Extended Learning in writing after all courses planned to take are completed and before 12 months from the first class start date.
(3)To apply please complete the Extended Learning Courses application. at: www.nu.edu/el-apply
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Division of Extended Learning
“Through the Extended Learning programs, our students hone skills that make them more valuable in a competitive workplace and professionally relevant.”Division of Extended Learning