Examines basic contract principles, including formation, validity, defenses to formation, rights of third parties, performance, breach, remedies, and damages. Emphasizes case analysis and application of principles, and covers code sections from Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code and the Restatement Second of Contracts.
- Demonstrate familiarity with core principles of contract law.
- Identify contract law issues and apply core principles of contract law to address those issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of negotiating, forming, and drafting a contract.
- Discuss appropriate remedies for breaches of contract.
- Discuss the use of memoranda and other ways to memorialize a contract.
- Recognize how ethical rules apply to paralegals in a transactional law practice.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Division of Extended Learning
“Through the Extended Learning programs, our students hone skills that make them more valuable in a competitive workplace and professionally relevant.”Division of Extended Learning