- Two-step Mantoux PPD tuberculosis test which, if positive, follow with negative chest x-ray and Health Department s guidelines for treatment.
- Measles (rubella and rubeola) and Mumps: by a positive titer, physician s diagnosis of disease; or two doses of vaccine.
- Immunizations: Tdap given in 2005 or later (tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis).
- Varicella Immunity: by a titer, physician s diagnosis of disease; or two doses of vaccine.
- Hepatitis B vaccination or waiver declining. Age requirement In order to participate in the clinical ambulance ride along and obtain subsequent state certification, the student must be 18 years of age or older. Recommended preparation Since this is an accelerated program, students are recommended to complete coursework in advanced first aid or emergency medical responder prior to enrolling. Work experience at the first responder level is helpful.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Conduct trauma and medical assessment and proper treatment of persons afflicted with medical and trauma conditions requiring advanced medical intervention following currently approved EMT practices.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Division of Extended Learning
“Through the Extended Learning programs, our students hone skills that make them more valuable in a competitive workplace and professionally relevant.”Division of Extended Learning