Note: To apply please fill out the Extended Learning Courses application nu.edu/el-apply.
The Education Foundation Leadership Certificate explores the unique organizational requirements and skills needed to run a successful public education foundation nonprofit. Through the collaboration of the National School Foundation Association and National University, this certificate offers a practice-based approach to education foundation leadership whereby, students have the opportunity to apply their learning in field-related projects. Grounded by content-rich field expertise, this certificate explores six core areas in education foundations: organizational planning and leadership, legal requirements, financial management, resource development and marketing, and school district collaboration.
The certificate is designed for mid-level foundation professionals who wish to advance their organizational impact or career as well as individuals who would like to pursue or are just beginning their career in education foundations. Those professionals who aspire to become or have recently taken on the role of executive director will further hone their skills and expand their professional toolbox.
Students will acquire and enhance their skills in organizational management while further developing their professional relationships and establishing practices for organizational sustainability.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Examine components of strategic planning principals, program evaluation, volunteer management, liaison and support of the school district, constituent alliance, balancing the four entities of programs, administration,
development, and marketing/public relations.
- Apply the unique organizational requirements of a non-profit as they relate to governing documents, legal, and IRS requirements.
- Analyze the sources of data, practices, and reports associated with financial management.
- Utilize skills and strategies necessary to execute resource development and marketing.
- Execute practices that enhance board effectiveness and leadership.
- Understand the general organizational concepts and terminology of school district operations.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Division of Extended Learning
“Through the Extended Learning programs, our students hone skills that make them more valuable in a competitive workplace and professionally relevant.”Division of Extended Learning