Let National University be your guide to success with our in-depth California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET) preparation classes. These online, self-paced CSET test prep classes provide you with a comprehensive overview of all the current California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) subject matter content that you will need to pass the exams. All CSET online courses were created by credentialed, subject-matter experts.
Option 1: With an Instructor
Schedule: Bi-monthly on even months
Duration: 4 weeks
Instructors: Credentialed, subject matter experts
- One-time free retake of the same 4-week CSET preparation course within one year
- National University current students and alumni are eligible for a 10% discount
EDX 1905X CSET English Prep Course Bundle
This informative, intensive course is designed to familiarize students with a variety of proven strategies for passing the Single Subject English CSET. All subtest content will be covered.
EDX 1913X CSET Social Science Prep Course Bundle
This informative, intensive course is designed to familiarize students with a variety of proven strategies for passing the Single Subject Social Science CSET. All subtest content will be covered.
EDX 1920X CSET Multiple Subject Prep Course Bundle
This informative, intensive course is designed to familiarize students with a variety of proven strategies for passing the Multiple Subject CSET. All subtest content will be covered.
EDX 1925X CSET Math Prep Subtest I: Algebra and Number Theory
This informative, intensive course is designed to familiarize students with subject matter needed to pass Subtest I (test code 211) for the Single Subject Teaching Credential in Mathematics. Test taking strategies are also provided.
Course Content Includes:
- Number and Quantity (SMR Domain 1)
- 0001 The Real and Complex Number Systems (SMR 1.1)
- 0002 Number Theory (SMR 1.2)
- Algebra (SMR Domain 2)
- 0003 Algebraic Structures (SMR 2.1)
- 0004 Polynomial Equations an Inequalities (SMR 2.2)
- 0005 Functions (SMR 2.3)
- 0006 Linear Algebra (SMR 2.4)
EDX 1927X CSET Math Prep Subtest II: Geometry, Probability and Statistics
This informative, intense course is designed to familiarize students with subject matter needed to pass Subtest I (test code 212) for the Single Subject Teaching Credential in Mathematics. Test taking strategies are also provided.
Course content for each domain of Subtest II includes:
- Geometry (SMR Domain 3)
- 0001 Plane Euclidean Geometry (SMR 3.1)
- 0002 Coordinate Geometry (SMR 3.2)
- 0003 Three-Dimensional Geometry (SMR 3.3)
- 0004 Transformational Geometry (SMR 3.4)
- Probability and Statistics (SMR Domain 4)
- 0005 Probability (SMR 4.1)
- 0006 Statistics (SMR 4.2)
Option 2: Without an Instructor
Schedule: Open Enrollment
Duration: 3 months
EDX 1907XX CSET English Prep Course Subtest I
EDX 1908XX CSET English Prep Course Subtest II
EDX 1909XX CSET English Prep Course Subtest III
EDX 1910XX CSET English Prep Course Subtest IV
EDX 1911XX CSET Social Science Prep Course Subtest I
EDX 1917XX CSET Social Science Prep Course Subtest II
EDX 1919XX CSET Social Science Prep Course Subtest III
(1) To apply please complete the Extended Learning Courses application at www.nu.edu/el-apply. This is required for all new Extended Learning students, including current National University students who are enrolled in other programs. Once completed please notify the Extended Learning student coordinators at 858.642.8600 for expedited service.
(2) The registration process can take up to 72 hours to complete for this course. If you do not submit your registration at least three business days prior to the course start date, there may be a delay in your registration.
(3) Passing the exam is not guaranteed, and the cost of the exam is not included in the course fee.
(4) The course fee is non-refundable after the first day of class access and you will receive a grade of “U” unsatisfactory for the credit course, if you do not request a withdraw from Extended Learning in writing.
(5) Please note that if you do not log into your CSET Preparation course by the 10th day of the class, you will be automatically dropped from the course.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Division of Extended Learning
“Through the Extended Learning programs, our students hone skills that make them more valuable in a competitive workplace and professionally relevant.”Division of Extended Learning