This certificate is ideal for:
- Engineers, Program and project Manager, and Field Support Engineers in related fields
- Vehicle, sensor, and controller professionals
- Mission Coordinators and Emergency Management Professionals
- Marketing Professionals
- Insurance and Legal Professionals
- Transitioning Military UxS Operators
Emerging UxS (x meaning space, air, ground and sea) technologies have transitioned out of the Department of Defense domain into a broad scope of commercial applications. Affordable technologies are giving large and small businesses, research institutions, and individuals the opportunity to customize platforms and sensors to applications including precision agriculture, natural resource exploration, forestry, public safety, undersea exploration, infrastructure protection, energy and pipeline infrastructure inspection and repair, shipping delivery and management, construction, real estate, land management applications and more.
This is a unique program focused on the application of unmanned systems as an information resource, focused on the management of platforms and sensor assets as an information source for current and emerging applications. Topics include platforms and sensing technologies, management of assets, processing of data to create meaningful and actionable information, and the dissemination of that information to interested consumers.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze global trends and emerging markets in the use of unmanned systems.
- Demonstrate awareness of professional, ethical, legal, security and global policy issues in the use of unmanned systems.
- Design and manage projects deploying unmanned systems, and function effectively as a member of a technical or marketing team.
- Apply sound science, engineering, and technology to solve current and emerging problems using unmanned systems.
- Develop a working knowledge of mission planning tools; remote sensing and data collection using unmanned systems; data analytics and information development; and information dissemination and presentation methods.
- Discuss entrepreneurial opportunities deploying unmanned systems to solve emerging government and commercial problems
- Apply professional standards in decision-making.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Division of Extended Learning
“Through the Extended Learning programs, our students hone skills that make them more valuable in a competitive workplace and professionally relevant.”Division of Extended Learning