Research design and methods including survey, network, experiment, qualitative, quantitative, and collection, organization and interpretation of research data.
- Analyze the interrelationship between the development of social theory and the methodologies of data collection.
- Formulate a well-constructed research question and explain the data source necessary to answer the question.
- Develop a methodology for the collection and dissemination of qualitative and quantitative research findings.
- Understand the intricacies of non-participant and participant observation, and the skills needed for successful open-ended interviewing.
- Demonstrate sound competency with the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences.
- Demonstrate research report writing and presentation skills.
- Develop an awareness of the political and ethical issues involved in social research.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences