Capstone Seminar in Politics
The subject of the capstone seminar is to emphasize the study of some aspect of the political science discipline. Students will critically review various concepts, theories, approaches and methodologies and will employ a particular theory and methodology to research and write a substantial research paper involving critical literature review. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Identify major concepts and issues in the field of political science.
- Analyze political science literature with reference to a particular national or global issue.
- Produce a clear outline of the intended research.
- Conduct online research effectively and efficiently.
- Write an effective integrative research paper.
- Explain plagiarism and demonstrate how to properly proceed with research and writing methodologies.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences