Historical examination of the Middle East region, focusing on the key social forces and the sources of conflict; exploration of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in-depth and the peace process; exploration of the U.S. involvement in Iraq and elsewhere in the Middle East.
- Identify the drastic changes in the Middle East in the last decades.
- Describe the historical and geographical features of the Middle East.
- Examine ethnic diversity and social division in the region.
- Analyze the emergence of religion of Islam and Islamic fundamentalism.
- Recognize the role of imperialism in the Middle East and the emergence of the new nation-states.
- Identify the roots of the Arab-Israeli conflict and the prospect for peace in the Middle East.
- Explain the Gulf Crises and the American involvement in the Iraqi issue.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences