History and Applied Media
Directed application of new media technologies to a historical topic chosen by the student in consultation with the instructor and the student’s thesis project advisor. Involves successful completion of a historical digital storytelling prospectus (proposal).
- Situate their M.A. research project within the relevant literature on media/website presentations.
- Formulate the original contribution their project will make to media/website presentations of historical research such as digital storytelling.
- Develop an appropriate historical digital storytelling prospectus.
- Organize the elements of a digital story about a historical topic of their choice.
- Design the media/website organization and presentation of their research findings.
- Compose a digital story website.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences