Assessment and implementation of effective primary-source research strategies. Also includes assessment and implementation of methodologies for interpreting a wide variety of primary sources critically and professionally. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Evalute the legal and institutional structures of record-keeping in the U.S. and other parts of the world.
- Propose historical research strategies/methodologies for gathering pertinent primary sources.
- Appraise the range of pertinent primary sources for answering the main research question for their Thesis or Multimedia Project.
- Assemble the most pertinent primary sources for answering the main research question for their Thesis or Multimedia Project.
- Assess the primary sources they have selected using relevant historical research strategies/methodologies..
- Conduct effective primary-source research for their Thesis or Multimedia Project.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences