Examines how people experience genders and sexuality in global society. Explores how gender and sexuality relate to other categories of social identity and difference including race and social class. Analyzes media representations of gender roles and stereotypes.
- Explain differences among histories of the treatment of women in, for example, China, Latin America, and Africa.
- Show in-depth knowledge, as demonstrated in a research project, of one specific non-western culture’s network of gender relations.
- Explain the relationship between the cultural construction of gender difference and men’s and women’s differing status, political representation, and economic participation.
- Analyze and criticize the process of confrontation between the cultures and the global or the western community.
- Analyze the representation of gender in the media and the arts.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences