Interdisciplinary Studies Proj
This is an eight-week, 4.5 quarter unit capstone course that focuses on portfolio and research methodologies. It is designed to provide students with an opportunity to integrate lessons learned from interdisciplinary portfolio-building and understand the craft of interdisciplinary research. The main course content areas include: 1) Portfolio packaging and interdisciplinary analysis on a topic as a model for students, 2) Internet research, 3) Developing an interdisciplinary research project, 4) Paper editing, 5) Constructing a sound argument, and 6) Clarifying elements across disciplinary boundaries. Grading is H, S, or U only. Course is eligible for In Progress (IP) grade.
- Engage in appropriate in-depth research and analysis of a specific topic, and craft a coherent, complex argument that addresses interdisciplinary connections and counterarguments
- Understand and discuss effectively primary and secondary texts with particular attention to disciplinary modes of inquiry, methods, and research
- Synthesize material and information from a variety of sources and demonstrate this ability in an oral, written, and visual form
- Write an integrated research essay (seminar paper) that identifies and analyzes the similarities and differences between disciplines in the context of a researched topic
- Edit, peer-edit, and re-write course papers competently
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences