Capstone course that focuses on portfolio and completion of capstone project. It is designed to provide students with an opportunity to integrate lessons learned from general studies portfolio-building and the research class. Grading is H, S, or U only. Course is eligible for In Progress (IP) grade.
- Demonstrate the competencies essential to independent research on scholarly topics across a range of disciplines.
- Demonstrate competency with parenthetical citations within texts and with entries to References or Works Cited pages.
- Demonstrate understanding of their cumulative growth with research and writing over the course of their postsecondary education.
- Explain and interpret the role of education in their occupational choices.
- Demonstrate consistent proficiency with the mechanics of academic writing.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences