Overviews contemporary concepts and practices related to psychological wellbeing and wellness. Emphases are on examination of, and coping with, stressors that affect psychotherapists as well as integration of wellbeing and wellness models into psychotherapy.
- 1. Compare and contrast different contemporary concepts of wellbeing and wellness.
- 2. Develop a client resource document that provides information, resources, or training relevant to improving wellbeing and wellness through lifestyle changes, self-help activities, and psychotherapy.
- 3. Illustrate ways in which client wellbeing and wellness approaches can be integrated into the practice of psychotherapy in at least two different settings such as individual private practice, public and private mental health agencies, hospital settings, or the workplace.
- 4. Describe and evaluate various physical and mental health professions that incorporate wellness or wellbeing concepts into their treatment approaches.
- 5. Examine specific approaches to minimizing or coping with stressors and stress symptoms common to psychotherapists.
- 6. Formulate a personal wellbeing/wellness plan that could be implemented in a clinical mental health internship.
The signature assignment is a personal Wellbeing/Wellness plan. This plan should have four elements, at least two of which are related to being a practicing psychotherapist. For each element of the plan, provide a rationale for focusing on the element, specific actions to be taken to improve wellbeing/wellness, a method of assessing progress toward a goal, and one source of evidence-based support (e. g. from applied research, clinical experience and practice guidelines, and/or knowledge about the effects of your own characteristics and contexts of the your enactment of your plan) for each element. Instructions for Client Resource Document. The document should contain exemplars of all of the following elements: Client-friendly websites, online videos, books, magazine or journal articles, podcasts, and relevant wellbeing/wellness-oriented organizations. Each resource should have some content that has evidence-based support (e. g. from applied research, clinical experience and practice guidelines, and/or knowledge about the effects of client characteristics and contexts of therapy) as indicated by references given in APA style.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences