Legal Ethical Issues
Legal Ethical Issues
This course examines the laws and professional codes of ethics pertaining to the practice of counseling and psychotherapy. How legal and ethical issues impact the profession of counseling with an emphasis on current California law is discussed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the laws, ethical codes, and values in the counseling profession.
- Identify and integrate relevant legal and ethical responsibilities within the practice of psychotherapy.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess a clien’s danger to self and/or others and to implement legal and ethical interventions based on that assessment.
- Integrate the understanding of the issues of confidentiality, unprofessional conduct, and managing ethical boundaries into counseling practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to write and file mandated reports.
- Incorporate ethical considerations regarding multicultural and diversity issues into mental health practice.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences