Acquaints students with the standard career interest measures used in clinical practice, including the psychometric principles of the measures. Emphasizes integrating conceptual, ethical, and practical information drawn from client background and assessment reports.
- Evaluate assessment instruments used in psychological career or vocational interest reports.
- Analyze the intended uses and limitations of assessment instruments.
- Apply the concepts of norming, validity, and reliability to determine the usefulness of a career interest measure for a client.
- Evaluate the common assessment instruments used by counselors in the field and the value of instrument interpretation reports.
- Administer a psychological assessment such as a career interest instrument, including the interpretation of test results and the connection between results and the client’s treatment plan.
- Produce an analytical interest inventory report that adheres to the ethical strategies, taking into account social and cultural factors, for interpreting tests by professional clinical counselors.
At least 33% Objective Tests. At least 25% Assessment Report (writing assignment)
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences