Students will integrate their theoretical approach to consultation, knowledge of intervention strategies, and personal philosophy of performance enhancement in order to design and present appropriate performance psychology programs. Opportunities to develop both individual and group interventions for diverse populations are provided. An emphasis is placed on the students’ professional development, experience as consultants, learners, and peer mentors, as well as the necessity of reflective practice. This is a 2-month course.
- Design interventions for a variety of populations based on the science-practitioner model of service delivery
- Integrate theoretical orientation, personal value systems, and current research into an effective personal consulting style
- Create mental training tools (e.g., goal setting logs, imagery scripts, affirmation statements, energy management protocols) for use with individuals and groups
- Design effective individualized interventions
- Examine potential ethical challenges in the course of service delivery
- Evaluate personal consulting experiences (e.g., successes, challenges, feedback, ethical issues, effectiveness) via reflective practice
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences