This course discusses clinical assessment from the bio-psycho-social-spiritual, resiliency, recovery and medical models. Interviewing skills and the use of assessment instruments are covered. Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment approaches for anxiety disorders and obsessive-compulsive and related disorders.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of how the DSM is organized and used.
- Assess clients from the DSM, resilience, recovery, and other assessment models.
- Conduct a biopsychosocial intake assessment in a role-play client session.
- Assess crisis situations in a role-play client session.
- Develop a DSM diagnosis from case vignettes and client role-play sessions.
- Integrate appropriate psychological tests commonly used by Master’s level therapists into the assessment of a role-play client.
- Diagnose clients using the DSM criteria for Adjustment Disorders, Anxiety and OCD Disorders, and the ‘V-codes.’
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences