This course focuses on integrating and applying the full range of theoretical models used in psychotherapy. Students gain practical experience with both process and content issues through in-class role playing and demonstrations and receive both instructor and peer feedback. Grading is H, S or U only.
- Demonstrate entry-level counseling skills.
- Formulate appropriate clinical interventions for a variety of clients.
- Design and utilize appropriate crisis intervention strategies with clients.
- Design a treatment plan and demonstrate appropriate clinical interventions in a brief therapy model.
- Demonstrate capacities for self-reflection, openness to feedback, psychological mindedness, and personal growth and development necessary for safe and effective practice as a psychotherapist.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences