This course examines the concepts and principles of case management practice emphasizing strength-based approaches, the bio-psycho-social-spiritual and recovery models. It introduces the role of mental health case management including strengths assessment, development, and delivery of mental health services.
- Apply the process of case management and selected models of case management theory to clinical practice.
- Conduct an intake interview and assessment, including use of the Mental Status Exam,based on the bio-psycho-social-spiritual and recovery models.
- Develop a case management plan that incorporates the principles of the bio-psycho-social-spiritual and recovery models.
- Integrate the use of consumer-provider partnerships and community- based resources into the case management plan and mental health service delivery.
- Analyze the influence of current political trends on the structure of mental health systems in the light of current legislation and funding priorities.
- Develop an intake summary, treatment plan, and progress notes in behavioral language.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences