This course examines how the principles of performance psychology can be applied to corporate settings. Themes include proper employee selection, training and development, guided change, leadership, morale, organizational behavior, and work/family issues.
- Evaluate unique dimensions of the performance environments of corporate leaders, elite athletes, and elite soldiers.
- Analyze leadership in terms of a developmental progression from leading self to leading others to leading organizations.
- Select appropriate performance psychology concepts based upon critical analysis for use in the employee selection process.
- Develop appropriate performance psychology applications to enhance employee motivation, satisfaction, and wellness.
- Justify the inclusion of coaching and performance enhancement concepts to organizational behavior and performance.
- Analyze the concepts of organizational development and planned intervention.
- Synthesize organizational and performance psychology concepts in the workplace.
- Create a plan for the successful integration of performance psychology concepts with work and family balance.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences