A study of the essential principles and theories in psychology. Topics include an overview of biological psychology, personality theory, and abnormal psychology.
- Describe the structural and functional organization of the nervous system, and biological factors that contribute to mental disorders.
- Analyze ethical issues involving biological psychology.
- Describe key theoretical perspectives in personality theory.
- Describe key concepts in abnormal psychology and behavior.
- Analyze emotions, cognitions, and behavior within the context of sociocultural defintions of normalcy.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences