A two-month course in applied sport and peak performance psychology. An applied exploration of how the mind influences performance in sports, business, health, and wellness. Students will use real-world experiences as a laboratory for understanding, developing, and advancing the principles of applied sport psychology.
- Discuss the history of positive psychology and its place in the field of wellness and peak performance.
- Discuss what is meant by self-esteem and apply current research to the ways in which humans can develop appropriate self-esteem.
- Discuss the importance of mindset and mindfulness.
- Discuss the concept of change from the perspective of positive psychology.
- Discuss how positive psychology can be used in building professional, social, and romantic relationships.
- Apply the concepts of positive psychology to a practice of mindfulness.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences