Development of a major cumulative paper integrating what students have learned in the program with an applied area of student interest. Covers empirical or theoretical study of specific topics in psychology with an emphasis on independent and creative activity. Students will be required to submit a portfolio for evaluation at the onset of the course. Students must earn a grade of “C” or better or must repeat the course.
- Develop a research question or hypothesis that demonstrates both breadth and depth of knowledge in the field of psychology.
- Perform a search of the professional literature related to the research question of hypothesis.
- Use technology to perform the literature review search.
- Write an outline of the proposed research project.
- Critique other students’ drafts of their proposed research project.
- Write an in-depth research report about the question or hypothesis utilizing APA format.
- Present the results of the research project orally and/or in writing.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences