The relationship between psychology, spirituality, and religion. Exploring the nature of religious experience, how religion and spirituality influence social and societal behaviors, and how religion and spirituality affects psychological and physical health will be examined.
- Compare and contrast the definition and meaning of religion and spirituality
- Illustrate the relationship between religion and spirituality
- Evaluate the way in which psychology, religion, and spirituality are related to one another
- Compare and contrast different religions
- Evaluate the influences of religion and spirituality on human thought and behavior
- Differentiate the various approaches to spiritual development
- Demonstrate the way in which an individual’s physical health is related to one’s spiritual health
- Demonstrate the way in which religion and spirituality are related to death, dying, and bereavement
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences