Group Dynamics in Sport
This course looks at group dynamics in team sports and coaching relationships. Topics include the use of self in groups, leadership styles in the team setting, features of a successful group or team environment, and the role of motivation in team sports.
- Describe current psychological theories on group dynamics in team sports and coaching relationships.
- Identify and describe current theories on the self and self-esteem in group dynamics.
- Discuss the role of leadership and leadership styles in team sports.
- Discuss the characteristics of a successful group or team environment.
- Discuss the role of motivation in team sports
- Identify current trends in psychological research in group dynamics and sport psychology as it relates to team sports.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences